1:1 Teaching Assistant
Location: Milton, Cambridgeshire
Job Type: Contract, expected to work Monday - Friday 08:30 -15:30
Salary: £77 - £97 Per day
Benefits: £50 referral bonus
We are currently seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic 1:1 Teaching Assistant to join our team at a primary school located in Cambridgeshire. As a Teaching Assistant, you will work closely with a specific student, providing individualised support and guidance to help them achieve their educational goals.
- Assist the student with their academic tasks, including reading, writing, and numeracy skills
- Adapt teaching methods and materials to meet the individual needs and learning styles of the student
- Provide one-on-one support during classroom activities and ensure the student's full participation
- Help create a positive and inclusive learning environment for the student
- Support the student in developing their social skills and building positive relationships with peers
- Collaborate with the classroom teacher to implement individualised education plans (IEPs)
- Monitor and record the student's progress, providing feedback to the teacher and parents/guardians
- Assist with any additional administrative tasks related to the student's educational needs
- Experience working with children or young adults in an educational setting
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Patience, empathy, and the ability to build rapport with students
- Good organisational skills and the ability to multitask
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
- GCSEs (or equivalent) in English and Maths
- Experience supporting students with special educational needs (SEN) is desirable
- Knowledge of various teaching strategies and techniques
- Familiarity with relevant educational resources and technology
- Ability to follow instructions and work effectively as part of a team
The 1:1 Teaching Assistant role is based in a school environment. The position is a contract role, expected to work full-time hours. As a Teaching Assistant, you will work closely with the student and collaborate with the classroom teacher and other school staff. The role may require occasional participation in meetings or training sessions outside of regular school hours.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.