Job Title: SEND Teaching Assistant
Location: North Cambridge
Protocol Education are working exclusively with a vibrant and inclusive mainstream primary school committed to providing exceptional learning experiences for all students. The school are dedicated to fostering an environment where every student, regardless of their abilities or challenges, can thrive and reach their full potential. To support this mission, we are currently seeking a dedicated and passionate SEND Teaching Assistant to join their team. With fantastic links to public transport and free onsite parking, this role isn't one to be missed!
Role Overview: As a SEND Teaching Assistant, you will play a pivotal role in supporting a child with special educational needs (SEND) in the school. You will work closely with the teaching staff and SENCO to ensure that they receive the support and assistance they require to access the curriculum and make progress in their learning journey.
- Provide one-on-one support to students with SEND, tailored to their individual needs.
- Support students in developing essential life skills and promoting independence.
- Create a safe and inclusive learning environment where all students feel valued and supported.
- Collaborate with classroom teachers to adapt and modify lesson plans and materials to accommodate the diverse needs of students.
- Monitor and record the progress of students, providing feedback to teachers and parents/guardians.
- Help students with personal care and mobility needs when required.
- Foster positive relationships with students, parents/guardians, and other members of the school community.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Previous experience working with students with SEND, particularly autism is preferred.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Empathy, patience, and a genuine passion for working with students with SEND.
- Knowledge of different learning needs and strategies to support them.
- A commitment to promoting an inclusive educational environment.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
Why choose Protocol Education:
- Competitive rates of pay through PAYE.
- Professional development opportunities.
- Refer a friend bonus.
- Opportunities to make a meaningful difference in students' lives.
Protoco Education is an equal opportunity employer, and we welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Join Protocol Education and help us create an inclusive and nurturing environment where every student can succeed. Apply today and be a part of our mission to empower all students to achieve their best!
Shortlisting and interviews will be conducted immediately.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.