This Ofsted rated 'Good' Primary School based in Cambridge is hoping to appoint a SEND Teaching Assistant that has experience working with pupils with autism. Ideally, they’ll have experience in 1:1 settings and can support a student with their individual needs. They are looking for a patient and knowledgeable TA that can assist a non-violent student with Autism, both in the classroom and during playtime on a full-time, permanent basis. This role would match with a candidate that wants to help improve outcomes for children with autism as well as promote equal opportunities for all.
The successful applicant will:
- Have the ability to work well within a team
- Be genuinely interested in supporting students with SEND needs
- Have a patient and understanding approach
- Have experience with or knowledge about Autism (ASD)
- Have experience of working in education or with young people
- Have the ability to be able to adapt to situations and remain calm in a crisis
In return Protocol Education can offer:
- Competitive rates of pay, weekly through PAYE
- Local job opportunities with a dedicated consultant
- Professional support from our team of experienced consultants
- Opportunities to make career progression, supply work can turn into long term roles
If you are interested in this role please click apply now.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.