Are you passionate about making a positive impact on the lives of students with Special Educational Needs (SEN)? Do you possess the dedication, patience, and skills required to support their academic and personal growth? If so, we have a rewarding opportunity for you!
About Us: Protocol Education is a leading educational recruitment agency known for connecting talented educators with schools across the UK. We are currently seeking a dedicated and compassionate SEN Teaching Assistant to join a reputable school in Havering. This is a full-time position, offering the chance to work with a diverse range of students and contribute to their success.
Role Overview: As an SEN Teaching Assistant, you will play a vital role in providing tailored support to students with SEN, ensuring they have equal opportunities to succeed and thrive in the classroom environment. You will work closely with class teachers, SEN coordinators, and other professionals to implement individualized learning plans, promote positive behaviour, and create an inclusive and engaging learning atmosphere.
- Assist in the implementation of individual education plans (IEPs) and behaviour management strategies.
- Provide one-on-one or small group support to students during lessons, addressing their specific learning needs.
- Collaborate with classroom teachers to adapt learning materials and resources.
- Foster a nurturing and inclusive environment where students feel comfortable and valued.
- Monitor and track students' progress, reporting back to the SEN coordinator and teachers.
- Support with personal care and mobility needs, where required.
- Promote a safe and positive learning atmosphere, adhering to safeguarding guidelines.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Experience working with students with SEN is highly desirable.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Patient, empathetic, and adaptable nature.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- A genuine passion for making a difference in students' lives.
- Relevant qualifications or training in education or SEN support is an advantage.
- Competitive salary package.
- Opportunities for professional development and training.
- Supportive and collaborative working environment.
- Chance to make a meaningful impact on students' educational journeys.
- Full-time position with consistent hours.
If you are committed to enhancing the educational experiences of students with SEN and are excited to join a dynamic educational community, we want to hear from you!
Application Process: To apply for this role, please submit your updated CV.
Note: Protocol Education is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All positions are subject to full vetting including an Enhanced DBS check and professional references
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.