1:1 SEND Teaching Assistants - Middlesbrough
We want aspiring, passionate, and experienced 1:1 SEND Teaching Assistants to come and potentially work within Middlesbrough. Getting to know you is important to us as we want you to do well! We send brilliant marketing pieces to schools to show you off and that is when we get interest, interviews, trials and supply work booked in for you. Therefore, it's important to send a detailed and amazing CV our way and apply to the advert to express your interest.
As a 1:1 Teaching Assistant for Protocol Education you will be expected to:
•Support children in their learning and behaviour in different classes.
•Safeguard children and report anything small or big to the Safeguarding officer within the setting.
•Carry out behaviour management in line with the school's policies and procedures.
•Support students with their academic and personal development.
•Be proactive in the class to ensure your learning support is tailored to each child's individual needs and learning styles.
•Follow a SEN learning plan and cater to their individual needs.
If you are interested in this post, you may have:
•A Degree in Education.
•Experience teaching or support children with SEND needs.
•A passion for working in Education.
•Experience working in Education.
•Aspire to be a teacher/behaviour specialist one day and want more experience as a TA.
•Want a permanent role as a Teaching Assistant.
The ideal candidate should possess the following:
- Previous experience of supporting on a one-to-one or smaller groups basis
- Experience of working as a Teaching Assistant or have transferable skills
- Minimum Level 2 Teaching and Learning Support Qualification or be willing to complete
- Experience in working with children with challenging behaviours
- Be flexible and available for work
- Enhanced DBS on Update Service or be willing to purchase
- References covering the last 2 years minimum
- Be able to demonstrate de-escalation techniques and apply behaviour policies
What can Protocol Education offer?
- Competitive rates of pay using a Pay As You Earn System (PAYE)
- Opportunity for continued professional development through FREE training courses (CPD)
- A dedicated recruitment specialist to support you
- Fantastic work life balance
- £250 Refer A Friend Scheme
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.