1:1 SEN Teaching Assistant
Protocol are looking for an experienced Special Educational and Disabilities Teaching Assistant/ SEND TA to work with students with Autism Spectrum Condition/ ASC, Specific Learning Disability/SLD and medical needs in a fantastic school located in the area.
The role would be working under the guidance of the classroom teacher, you will be required to help and support the classroom teacher and working in small group with children who have Specific Learning Disability/SLD, Physical Disabilities, Autism Spectrum Condition/ASC, and medical needs. You will be required to tailor your approach to suit the needs of children with needs. The right applicant must be kind, caring and encourage children with their learning. The role is an ongoing temporary position.
The ideal SEND TA/ Special Educational Needs and Disabilities teacher will be:
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent with at least six months experience in UK Schools.
- A child centred approach
- Conscientious always
- Experience with SEND
- Consistent approach to challenging behaviour
What's in it for you?
- A team of dedicated consultants working to source your perfect role.
- Great referral schemes
- The opportunity to find placements in a huge selection of schools across the area
- Highly competitive rates of pay
We can offer you:
- Experienced consultant.
- Competitive rates of pay that express your experience and responsibilities
- FREE continued professional development training (CPD) including Team Teach
- Ongoing honest, friendly, and professional support throughout your placements from our dedicated team of experts
To apply for this position, you should ideally have experience working within a SEND setting.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.