Protocol Education undertakes safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance Keeping Children Safe in Education (July 2015), including the supplementary advice relating to checks for people working with children under the age of 8. As part of our safeguarding checks we require our workers to complete a declaration confirming they are not disqualified from carrying out relevant roles under the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009.
Specifically, we undertake the following checks for all of our workers:
- Barred List
- Enhanced DBS Disclosure
- Prohibition from teaching orders (NCTL)
- Childcare Disqualification Declaration (including Disqualification by Association)
- Right to work in the UK
- References and employment history
- Qualifications & Qualified Teacher Status
Despite the complexity of the checks for supply teachers, we make it easy for you to administer the process:
- Our email booking confirmation provides details of the checks we have undertaken on your worker in a format to enable you to complete your Single Central Record.
- Our email booking confirmation also contains a photo of the candidate, so you can confirm the identity of the person who arrives against their original photo ID.
- At any time, you can review the safeguarding information history for your past bookings through your online Client Lounge account, and download or print any relevant records.