We are required by statutory guidance to make specific safeguarding checks on everyone we place in schools and we undertake the following documentary checks as part of our registration process.
We check your identity against the DBS approved list of documents, most commonly:
• Photo driving licence (UK)
• Utility bill or bank statement (dated in the last 3 months)
Right to Work in the UK
• Valid or Expired UK/EU passport or
• Non-EU passport with visa and Biometric Residence Permit or
• EU National ID card or
• Full UK birth certificate and NI number or
• Certificate of Naturalisation and NI number
Criminal Record Check
Please note, we re-check all DBS disclosures every 12 months, so we strongly recommend you subscribe to the DBS Update Service.
• Enhanced DBS Enclosure from Protocol Education dated within 12 months or
• Enhanced DBS Enclosure with valid Update Service subscription
• Overseas Police Check (where applicable)
• Checked as part the Enhanced DBS Check and then re-checked annually.
Prohibition from Teaching Orders
• Checked against the NCTL database
Childcare Disqualification (and Disqualification by Association)
• A signed declaration as part of the application process
Qualifications & Qualified Teacher Status
• NCTL check to confirm Teacher Reference Number and QTS (UK qualifications) or
• Original and verified non-UK teaching qualification
References (2 required)
• Most recent employer (from head, deputy or head of department)
• One other professional reference (from head, deputy or head of department)
• University tutor and references from school placements (for NQTs)
Non-school references and character references are accepted where you have not previously worked in schools. Please contact our Registration Team for details.