are short clips that help a prospective school get a very brief sense of who you are and what you do. They are like trailers for a full video interview, so they don't need to be very detailed – what is most important is that you come across as friendly, confident, professional and above all exited about teaching in the UK.
Watch the video above for an example of the kind of thing we are looking for, and see our pointers below on how to get the very best out of your introduction video:
- No more than 30 seconds
- Use a smartphone if you have one
- Hold the phone horizontally, not vertically
- State your first name, where you are from, what you are trained in (subject specialism etc), and something expressing your positivity about moving to England to teach
- Find somewhere with an interesting backdrop
- Make sure wherever you film is quiet enough that you can be heard clearly (without wind noise etc)
- Try to film during the day using natural light, rather than indoor electric lighting
- Don't film from too far away - make sure your face can be seen clearly
- Don't stand directly in front of a window or other bright source of light (you'll be in too much shadow yourself)
- Get a friend to help by holding the camera/phone
Once you have filmed your video, send it through directly to your consultant, or - if it is too big to email - upload it to our site using the Dropbox link below.