Closing date 23rd July
Start date 1st September
A unique, two-form entry school based in Bradley Stoke are looking to appoint a full-time teaching assistant to support students with various special educational needs. The students you will be working with may have ASD, SEMH needs, EHCPs and other additional needs.
The school offers fantastic grounds for the children to play in all year round, wonderful music facilities, a tailored curriculum to meet the needs of all students and a sense of unity and family feel. The school prides itself on promoting a supportive and inclusive environment for their children and all members of the school community.
The successful applicant will:
- Be committed to supporting high quality learning and experiences for all children
- Be able to work closely with the Class Teacher and SENCo to support the learning of the children
- Adapt learning tasks as required
- Has knowledge and experience of Makaton, or the enthusiasm to learn this early in the position
- Be willing to run small group interventions
- Be thoughtful and creative with the ability to motivate children to give their very best
- Be patient, positive and resilient
Please apply or get in contact with the Protocol Bristol office if you have any further questions.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role as well as the Right to Work in the UK. Please see protocol-education.com/candidates/frequently-asked-questions for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’. We also offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.