This two form entry school in the borough of Barnet are looking to recruit two diverse and effective key stage teachers. You will be a passionate and committed educator, somebody who is genuinely concerned about the development of your pupils. You will be willing to commit to school life, immersing yourself in the culture and the ethos of the school. The school is buzzing with music and song so the ability to play an instrument would be massively beneficial.
Your role will:
Either full QTS or be an exceptionally strong and passionate NQT
You will hold a full, clear and current DBS certificate and be signed up to the update service, or be willing to undertake one
Live locally to Barnet or be willing to travel to the borough
Your role will include but not be limited to:
1. Implement agreed school policies and guidelines.
2. Support initiatives decided by the headteacher and staff.
3. Plan appropriately to meet the needs of all pupils, through differentiation of tasks/having the highest expectation of every child, believing that every learner has unlimited potential for development.
4. To plan and deliver the curriculum within the framework of present school policies, both in short and long term planning structures.
5. Set clear targets, based on prior attainment, for pupils learning;
6. To plan and resource a classroom which will encourage the development of all aspects of children’s learning. In particular to encourage children independent use of resources and involvement in their learning.
7. Provide a stimulating classroom environment, where resources can be accessed appropriately by all pupils.
Please note: We undertake safeguarding checks on all our workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance 'Keeping Children Safe in Education'. As part of these checks, we require a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure for everyone working in schools. If you do not have a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service, we will require you to complete a new DBS application as part of the registration process, at a cost of £44.00.