Do you believe teaching is your vocation? Do you believe in providing the best education and developing our future generations?
This two form entry school in the heart of Whetstone are seeking a dedicated Year 2 teacher to work alongside a NQT. Unfortunately with that in mind, the school does require you to have at least 2 years experience. Haviing experience in a team teach school would be hugely advantageous as would a knowledge for AFL. You should be willing and wanting to commit yourself to the school and your pupils.
Your role will include but not be limited:
To teach an agreed timetable
• To improve the quality of teaching and learning in your specific area of responsibility and
where possible, throughout the school.
• To successfully manage the interface between school, parents and the wider community,
recognising how crucial this function is in an independent, fee paying school
• To treat as a professional confidence, any information concerning individuals, gained in the
course of school life
• To participate in the School’s ‘Staff Appraisal’ Plan
• To know and apply school policies on safeguarding, health and safety, behaviour, teaching and
learning, equal opportunities and to take part in any training courses related to these offered by
the school to gain further knowledge
• To be prepared to accept changes to this specification in order to meet the changing needs of
To undertake other duties appropriate to the general purpose of the post that may from time to
time be reasonably assigned by the Headmaster.
• To make a full and active contribution to the extra-curricular life of the school.
• To be aware of the need to maintain a safe environment for all children and to report any
concerns you may have.
• To be pro-active on behalf of the school in external matters, particularly in relation to those
concerning IAPS and local partnerships with schools.
Please note: We undertake safeguarding checks on all our workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance 'Keeping Children Safe in Education'. As part of these checks, we require a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure for everyone working in schools. If you do not have a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service, we will require you to complete a new DBS application as part of the registration process, at a cost of £44.00.