This church of england school in the borough of Barnet are seeking a dynamic and effective primary school teacher to work in a Year 1 class from September.
You will hold QTS or be an exceptionally strong teacher
With at least 1 years experience in a KS! class
You will live locally to Barnet or be willing to travel there each day
Having knowledge of EAL support would be hugely beneficial
Your role will include but not be limited to:
1. Implement agreed school policies and guidelines.
2. Support initiatives decided by the headteacher and staff.
3. Plan appropriately to meet the needs of all pupils, through differentiation of tasks/having the highest expectation of every child, believing that every learner has unlimited potential for development.
4. To plan and deliver the curriculum within the framework of present school policies, both in short and long term planning structures.
5. Set clear targets, based on prior attainment, for pupils learning;
6. To plan and resource a classroom which will encourage the development of all aspects of children’s learning. In particular to encourage children independent use of resources and involvement in their learning.
7. Provide a stimulating classroom environment, where resources can be accessed appropriately by all pupils.
8. To monitor children’s progress, keep records and evaluate children’s achievements. To set children high standards in the content and presentation of their work by the quality of your displays of that work.
9. To establish and maintain good relationships with colleagues, working as part of a team in all aspect of school development.
10. Maintain good order and discipline amongst pupils, in accordance with the school’s behaviour policy.
11. Work in partnership with parents, carers in providing a quality education experience for all the children and report to parents on the development, progress and attainment of pupils.
12. Participate in meetings which relate to the school’s management, curriculum, administration or organisation.
13. Communicate and co-operate with specialists from outside agencies.
14. Lead, organise and direct support staff within the classroom.
15. Lead a curriculum area or aspect
16. Participate in the appraisal system for the appraisal of their own performance & that of other teachers.
Please note: We undertake safeguarding checks on all our workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance 'Keeping Children Safe in Education'. As part of these checks, we require a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure for everyone working in schools. If you do not have a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service, we will require you to complete a new DBS application as part of the registration process, at a cost of £44.00.