Workstart Senior Teaching Aide – Kingston Upon Thames
Hours: 36, Monday – Friday, Term Time only.
Protocol Education are working with this “Outstanding” (Ofsted 2019) school in Kingston upon Thames are looking for full time Senior Teaching Aides to progress their career and to support a variety of Primary, Secondary and over 16s with learning difficulties.
They are looking for creative, driven and passionate individuals who can provide support to the class teacher and help maintain a supportive educational environment.
The successful applicant will:
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A calm and consistent approach
- Actively promote safeguarding and equality
- An ability to work within a team as well as using own initiative to time manage work related tasks
- Be required to work closely with Teachers, Parents, Carers and other advocates
- Provide evidence of clear written skills appropriate to recording and reporting learner achievements in a specific and measurable format.
- Preferrable: Experience working with PMLD (Profound and Multiple learning difficulties), SLD (Severe learning difficulties) and MLD (Moderate learning difficulties).
What the employer offers you:
- A busy and vibrant place to work with lots of opportunities across 21 educational centres.
- Training and development with accredited qualifications to all staff
- Competitive salary
If you have any of the skills/qualities above or would like more information, please apply and we will be in touch as soon as possible or feel free to email me at Thomas.Stevens@Protocol-education.com. Enhanced DBS holders will be prioritised.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role as well as the Right to Work in the UK. Please see protocol-education.com/candidates/frequently-asked-questions for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’. We also offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.