Well-being Support Worker
A fantastic school in North Somerset are looking to appoint a Well-being Support Worker to support students with a variety of social, emotional and behavioural needs. The aim of the role is to improve the overall wellbeing of students, promotive positive engagement with the school, improve attendance and behaviour.
Full and part time positions available. Start date: ASAP or 1st September
Whilst you may have experience of working in an education setting, experience of working in the following settings will still be highly valued:
- Working in the care/ health industry
- Dealing with individuals with mental health needs
- Youth or extra-curricular clubs
The successful applicant will:
- Have empathy and understanding of issues that young people face today
- Be non-judgemental
- Be able to create tailored support strategies for relevant pupils
- Enjoy working with young people and be able to create strong relationships with students and their families to promote positive outcomes
- Be resilient and adaptable in challenging situations
- Be committed to providing an effective learning environment that engages and inspires pupils
- Deal with situations calmly and sensitively
- Has an energised and professional working environment
- Celebrates diversity
- Works in partnership with families
- Provides the opportunity to work in a supportive environment
In addition, Protocol Education can offer:
- Competitive rates of pay
- FREE continued professional development training (CPD) including Team Teach
- Ongoing honest, friendly, and professional support from our dedicated team of experts
- A £250 bonus if you introduce someone new to Protocol Education, as a thank you
If this is an opportunity that excites you, we strongly encourage you to Apply Now!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role as well as the Right to Work in the UK. Please see protocol-education.com/candidates/frequently-asked-questions for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’. We also offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.