Experienced Team Teach Teaching Assistants needed in Northamptonshire
An amazing opportunity has become available at a Primary Academy in Northampton who would like to appoint experienced SEND teaching assistants to work across their diverse school
Your main duties will include:
• Inspiring and engaging with young children with physical and mental difficulties.
• Assessing individual learning needs and working on a group basis.
• Preparing materials, equipment and lessons
• Assessing and reporting on individual pupils' progress
• Assisting with the personal care needs of some pupils; this may include feeding, changing and manual handling.
• Liaising with parents, carers and professionals such as mainstream teachers, education welfare officers, social workers and Healthcare professionals
The successful candidates need to have previous experience of working with SEN students and have a strong desire of getting involved in every aspect of the school. Experience with children and young adults that have PMLD, SLD, ASD & MLD would be preferable.
Other experience & qualifications desirable:
• Positive handling
• Restorative justice
• First Aid trained
To be considered for this role you need to contact Bernadette on 01604 214715 or email your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: We undertake safeguarding checks on all our workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance 'Keeping Children Safe in Education'. As part of these checks, we require a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure for everyone working in schools. If you do not have a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service, we will require you to complete a new DBS application as part of the registration process, at a cost of £44.00.