Fantastic teaching assistant opportunities are now available across the the London Borough of Brent.
Our clients are looking for individuals who will be able to support pupils across all key stages with their Literacy and Numeracy skills and who will work efficiently and confidently with challenging behaviour. The roles will also involve mentoring other SEN pupils in the school with their social skills and behaviour in lessons.
Roles and responsibilities:
• Providing support to children in Key Stage 1 & 2
• Assisting the children with their work - in particular their Literacy and Numeracy skills.
• Recording all progress and any incidents throughout the day and relaying this information to the relevant party.
• Following the IEP, ensuring they are effectively working towards their targets.
• Using effective behaviour management when they become defiant, in line with the school's behaviour management policy.
• Liaising with the SENCO and other support staff regularly - discuss strategies to support the children during lessons.
• Preparing resources to assist the children in lessons.
• Taking the children to a designated area away from the classroom when they become anxious, stressed or upset.
• Carrying out general administrative duties as required e.g. photocopying, wall displays etc.
Essential skills and attributes:
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Professional working manner.
• Experience of working with children with challenging behaviour.
• Good understanding of the Primary School curriculum.
• Excellent behaviour management skills.
• Commitment to the role and all duties involved
• Enthusiastic and passionate personality
In return we offer you:
• Competitive rates of pay
• Social nights out with the rest of Protocol staff
• £250 Referral Bonus for each teacher you refer to us.
If you feel this description matches your personality, please contact Kate: firstname.lastname@example.org / 0208 371 7900 or apply online at www.protocol-education.com.
*they must work for at least 20 days for Protocol in order to claim the Bonus.
Please note: We undertake safeguarding checks on all our workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance 'Keeping Children Safe in Education'. As part of these checks, we require a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure for everyone working in schools. If you do not have a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service, we will require you to complete a new DBS application as part of the registration process, at a cost of £44.00.