We are currently recruiting teaching assistants to work in our schools in Merton, London. Our schools are looking for candidates with or without experience who keen to pursue a career in education. Our schools cater from primary, secondary and post 16 teaching students of all abilities and special needs that include autism, speech & language difficulties, severe learning difficulties and physical disabilities. As a teaching assistant you will have the opportunity supporting students within a class, on a one to one basis, assisting students with their work, teaching social awareness and supporting in a wide range of lessons such as numeracy/literacy, music, art, P.E. and cooking. Our schools are currently recruiting immediately and from September 2022.
- Monday to Friday
- Long term placement
- Working with students from primary, secondary and post 16
- Working within a small classes ranging from 6 - 8 students per class
- Opportunity to be trained throughout the role
- Supporting in creative lessons such as story telling, art, music and cooking
- Taking part in outdoor activities such as going to the farm, swimming and team activities
- Working with therapy teams such as K9 and speech and language therapy
- Able to work full time and work the academic year
- A keen interest working with children of all age groups
- Comfortable working with special needs
- Patient, reliable and empathetic
- Enjoys working as part of a team
If you feel you meet the above criteria please register your interest and apply immediately. All suitable candidates will be called direct to discuss the next steps.
Alternatively you can email your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role as well as the Right to Work in the UK. Please see protocol-education.com/candidates/frequently-asked-questions for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’. We also offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.