Protocol Education Manchester are currently recruiting for a Teaching Assistant to work in one of our Primary or Secondary schools in Greater Manchester, United Kingdom. We have a number of flexible options to suit your individual needs, with most of our roles offering full-time, long-time employment to support you in your Career Pathway, alongside part-time, short-term placements too, to fit in with existing committments. We also can offer opportunities to go on a long-term basis and sometimes permanment. The hours range between 8:30am-3:30pm, subject to the individual school's timings.
This rewarding and fulfilling position is to work as a general Teaching Assistant, where you will work alongside the classroom teacher to support children on a 1:1 and small group basis. It is likely to be supporting children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) such as Autism (ASC), ADHD, Specific Learning Difficulties (SpLD), this including Dyslexia and Dyspraxia, alongside Social, Emotional and Mental Health Needs (SEMH), such as Anxiety and Depression. You will play a crucial role in supporting teachers and fostering a positive learning environment for the children you support on a daily basis.
- Assist teachers in preparing materials and resources for lessons.
- Provide one-on-one support to students who may need extra help.
- Collaborate with colleagues to create an inclusive and positive learning environment.
- Assist in monitoring and recording student progress.
- Foster a culture of respect, encouragement, and enthusiasm within the classroom.
Why Join Protocol Education?
- Competitive rates that express your experience and responsibilities
- CPD (Continuous Professional Development) during half term or summer
- Free Webinars and Training Sessions ran by experienced, Senior Consultants
- Social events- candidate led events
- NQT/ECT network and community
- CV writing assistance and marketing tools
- £50 refer a friend scheme*
If you are interested in this role and would like to find out more, please submit your CV and apply today so we can discuss your experience and the roles we have available in more detail!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.