Teaching Assistant Required
Protocol Education are working with a primary school in the North of Sheffield who have a last minute vacancy for a qualified Level 3 Teaching Assistant.
The role will commence in September for a temporary contract of one year, and is a full-time (Monday to Friday) role.
You will be involved in working with children across Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2 and responsibilities will include:
- Supporting children who are behind target with the focus on raising attainment levels
- Supporting children with SEND requirements including children with ASD, SEM and ADHD
- Supporting the classroom teacher in planning and preparation for the day, including differentiation tasks
- 1-1 and small group work for nurture and assessment
- Involvement in producing and maintaining IEPs
- Working with the SENCO to establish necessary steps for statement children
- Working with various themes to aid learning, including Read, Write, Inc., Maths Makes Sense and Guided Reading
Requirements for Applicants
- Level 3 NVQ/CACHE Diploma in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools (or equivalent)
- Some classroom experience with the confidence to work cross-curriculuar and across year groups
- Some experience of Phonics (Read, Write, Inc., desired but not essential)
The role would also suit an NQT looking to gain more classroom experience in a non-teaching capacity. The successful applicant will gain access to free CPD.
Interviews will be held in the week commencing 11th July 2016.
Apply for this role now and if your application is successful, our Primary Consultant Kate will contact you within 1 working day.
Please note: We undertake safeguarding checks on all our workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance 'Keeping Children Safe in Education'. As part of these checks, we require a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure for everyone working in schools. If you do not have a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service, we will require you to complete a new DBS application as part of the registration process, at a cost of £44.00.