Protocol Education are currently recruiting teaching assistants to work in a newly developed school working with either early years, primary or secondary students on a one to one basis. This special needs school are recruiting teaching assistants with/without experience, but have an interest or passion working with children and special needs such as autism, speech and language difficulties & cognitive diffictulies. The role will be be supporting students on a one to one basis developing students vocabulary, communication, hand eye coordination and social skills. Whilst you will be supporting students on a one to one basis you will support students in a variety of lessons such as swimming, music, art and P.E. This role is starting immediately or throughout the term. In addtion you will also have the opportunity to work with therapy teams such as on site K9 therapy and speech therapy.
- Located in Croydon
- Full time - Monday to Friday
- Hours: 08:30 - 16:00
- Long term opportunity with job security
- Opportunity to work with diverse range of ages
- Supporting students in class ranging from 6 - 8 students per class
- Developing students academic and social skills
- Supporting students on a one to one basis
- Assisting in lessons such as music, art, P.E. and cooking
- Opportunity to be trained during the role
- Excellent transport links
- No umbrella companies meaning no hidden deductions
- Passionate and enjoys working with children of all ages
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Have a patient and positive approach
- Have a supporting and encouraging manner with learners and an ability to inspire trust and to motivate the child in their care to integrate and learn through play
In addition, Protocol Education can offer:
- Competitive rates of pay
- FREE continued professional development training (CPD) including Team Teach and Webinars
- Ongoing honest, friendly, and professional support from our dedicated team of experts
If you are looking for a rewarding challenge and have the suitable qualifications and personal qualities, we would encourage you to Apply Now or alternatively please submit your to firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition we have other schools within Wandsworth and neighbouring boroughs that offer other long term opportunities. If you would like to know more please apply and you will be contacted to discuss this and additional roles.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role as well as the Right to Work in the UK. Please see protocol-education.com/candidates/frequently-asked-questions for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’. We also offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.