Job type:Teaching Assistant
Salary: £70.00-£80.00 per day
Start date:September 2022
Closing date: 22nd July 2022
I am currently working with a progressive school in Enfield, North London who require a dedicated Teaching Assistant to help a class of 30 with a diverse range of learning needs and styles.
The school is based in the heart of the culturally diverse borough and students at the school speak a range of languages.
Your focus will be supporting the students in accessing the British curriculum. You should be a confident communicator who can easily interpret work and present this to students in a clear and concise manner.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- A Teaching Assistant Qualification
- Exceptional communication skills
- Willing to undertake further training
- Getting the classroom ready for lessons
- Listening to children read, reading to them or telling them stories
- Helping children who need extra support to complete tasks
- Helping teachers to plan learning activities and complete records
- Supporting teachers in managing class behaviour
- Supervising group activities
- Looking after children who are upset or have had accidents
- Clearing away materials and equipment after lessons
- Helping with outings and sports events
- Taking part in training
- Carrying out administrative tasks
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role as well as the Right to Work in the UK. Please see protocol-education.com/candidates/frequently-asked-questions for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’. We also offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.