Do you have an ambition to become an instrumental part of a team that is tasked with making children feel safe and enjoy learning?
This could well be just the position you're looking for!
Protocol Education are currently working with a school based in Sheffield who require a experienced SEMH 1:1(group) Teaching assistant to support their students with Social, Emotional and Mental Health & Catch up support after the COVID-19 Pandemic. This means that you would have to be a resilient character who is able to remain positive when dealing with challenging behaviour.The children in the class have SEMH requirements and require someone who can adapt easily and adjust their approach accordingly.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Be empathetic and patient when dealing with students.
- Experienced at nurturing looked after children
- Have experience in working with SEMH students
- Be confident in working 1:1 with the students or group of approximately 10 students
- Must be energetic, enthusiastic, be able to work using your own initiative but also be able to contribute to a dedicated team
- The ideal candidate will be professional and passionate about supporting children in education with SEND
What you need to register.
- DBS - In date, with no reprimands which prohibit working with children
- Relevant qualifications
- Experience of supporting children with SEMH
- Strong commitment and a positive attitude to the role and objectives
In return, here at Protocol Education we offer:
- Competitive rates of pay.
- Free continuing professional development training (CPD)
- Ongoing honest, friendly support from our recruitment specialists.
- Bonus £250 refer a teacher' payment scheme
- The opportunity of working with a wide choice of schools across Sheffield
- CV and interview advice and support.
Protocol Education is a leading supply teaching agency. We provide schools with the teaching, support and SEN staff they need to be successful, while helping teachers, teaching assistants and nursery staff find rewarding work that furthers their careers.
If you are interested in applying please apply or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0114 252 1975 to discuss the role.