We are seeking a talanted, enthusiastic & passionate Teaching Assistant to join a Secondary School based in Tower Hamlets for September 2022.
The successful Teaching Assistant will be working across Year 7 to Year 11 supporting students aged 11-16.
Direct experience of working in a school setting as a Teaching Assistant isn't essential, the school welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds which involve working with children in any capacity such as Sports Coaches, Youth Workers & Social/Support Workers.
- Work alongside the teaching staff to support students in their learning, providing further explanation to individuals where needed.
- Support students to identify, meet and exceed their education targets.
- Implement and support positive behaviour throughout the school, adapting own behaviour and responses when required to meet individual needs.
- Ensure all documentation is completed correctly for recording of accidents, incidents, or health & safety as per the college’s policies.
- Assist the young people in attending a wide range of group activities, ensuring that their choices are respected and appropriate social interactions and friendships are encouraged
What the school can offer you:
- Genuine career progression opportunities
- An excellent and supportive senior leadership team
- On-site parking for drivers
- The opportunity to progress throughout the school and enhance your experience and knowledge
- A range of free CPD programmes
If you are interested in being considered for this Teaching Assitant post, please apply immediately. The school will be inviting short listed candidates into school for a trial day / interview before the end of the academic year.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role as well as the Right to Work in the UK. Please see protocol-education.com/candidates/frequently-asked-questions for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’. We also offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.