Protocol Education are supporting a local school in North Somerset who are seeking a full time Teaching Assistant.
The school itself has been judged as 'good' in all areas, including behaviour and they pride themselves on ensuring every single student has the best education.
As a Teaching Assistant, you will be expected to provide classroom support to students with a range of special educational needs. This could be on a 1:1 basis, in small groups or within the classroom.
Teaching Asisstant duties
- Supporting the teachers to plan learning activities for the students
- Supporting the teacher in managing classroom behaviour
- Encourage the students to interact and work co-operatively with others and engage in all activities
- Provide feedback to pupils in relation to progress and achievement under the guidance of the teacher
Experience and Requirements
- Experience working in a school setting as a TA or Learning Support Assistant
- Have experience covering lessons (not essential)
- Must have Level 2 Maths and English
- Passionate about supporting students with special educational needs
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role as well as the Right to Work in the UK. Please see protocol-education.com/candidates/frequently-asked-questions for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’. We also offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.