We are looking for a capable and experienced Teaching Assistant to work within a school in the Darlington area. The school is thriving and is enthusiastic about supporting their students to reach their full potential whilst gaining valuable skills and experiences for outside the classroom and to use in their future. The role will be supporting students in KS1-KS2, Monday-Friday 08.30-16.00. The role will initially be temporary but may become permanent for the right individual with the right skills.
We want to appoint someone who has experience working within education and can effectively work within a team whilst supporting small groups and 1:1 basis if needed. Ideally the right individual for this role will be adaptable and have availability to ensure continuity for the students they support.
- Level 2 Teaching Assistant qualification
- Knowledge of the curriculum
- Understanding of Phonics, Read Write Inc
- The ability to follow lesson plans and directions from other staff, whilst being able to work independently when needed
- Enjoys working with children and can easily communicate with them
- Resilient and attentive
- A caring and nurturing nature
What Protocol Education can offer you:
- A dedicated and understanding consultant who knows the importance of finding the right role for you.
- Access to over 50 courses to help further your Continued Professional Development
- Competitive rates of pay
For this role we will need to run a DBS check on the successful candidates. Also, we require all educators to have a valid safeguarding certificate, if you do not have a valid one, we can help to acquire one.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role as well as the Right to Work in the UK. Please see protocol-education.com/candidates/frequently-asked-questions for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’. We also offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.