Teacher of Science
Protocol Education are working with a secondary school based in Oxford, looking for a Science Teacher - Required for September 2022
Do you want to work in a school that:-
- Places a high importance on science in the curriculum and is seeing a growing upward trend in student numbers at all 3 sciences at A-Level.
- Has a CPDL programme which is personalised to meet staff needs and offers recognised NPQ and other off-site training and development for colleagues at appropriate points in their career.
- Takes an evidence informed approach to school improvement, only implementing what we feel will make the biggest difference to the lives and outcomes of our young people, being mindful of staff workload and well-being.
- Is a key provider of initial teacher training in the local area, working with several local teaching schools and universities including the University of Oxford Department of Education.
- Is situated at the heart of its community, on the edge of the renowned city of Oxford and at the gateway to the Cotswolds.
The successful candidate will be joining a dynamic and well-led curriculum area. You will need to be able to teach all three sciences to GCSE. Each member of the science team has a dedicated lab complete with Clevertouch interactive screen and are well supported by two technicians.
The staff are their greatest asset and they are a strong team; a team who work hard to help each student flourish both academically and personally. They are looking for talented individuals who want to make a difference to the lives and outcomes of their young people.
Their students and staff are keen to meet you and show off their wonderful school - This post would suit an ECT or a more experienced teacher.
The school is part of a larger trust; their collective vision is to be a Trust where pupils and staff thrive in schools which demonstrate:
- all-round education, academic success, lifelong learning and strength of character
- sustainable continuous improvement; no school standing still
- all schools being good and outstanding, or improving rapidly
- collaboration that is raising standards, and reducing workload
- where pupils, staff, parents and communities value all we do to support the best possible outcomes and experiences for our children and young people
What benefits does the Trust offer to its employees?
- Annual pay increase for support staff (in line with grade boundaries) and for Teachers (subject to government framework and successful performance review)
- A Defined Benefit Pension Scheme with favourable terms for all employees (Teachers Pension for Teachers; LGPS for Support Staff)
- Moving from the public sector? Those without a break in service can be reassured that RLT will recognise their continuous service.
- Employee centred and family friendly policies and practises that support you in and beyond your workplace.
- Offering flexible working wherever we can, in order to support the work life balance of our employees.
- Enhanced sick pay, maternity leave, paternity leave and parental leave.
- Competitive holiday entitlement for support staff (minimum 24 days rising to 32 day plus bank holidays per annum - dependent on grade of role and length of service)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Funded eye tests and glasses for DSE users (subject to T/Cs)
If you are interested in this Science Teaching role from September 2022, please submit your CV ASAP and I will in be in touch. Interviews are being held immediately.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role as well as the Right to Work in the UK. Please see protocol-education.com/candidates/frequently-asked-questions for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’. We also offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.