Our students and staff enjoy being part of the local community and students are supported in work opportunities with many local businesses and community groups. As a specialist provision, the college require someone who is open about working in special needs and is keen to develop their skills. As part of the role, we offer accredited CPD that include learning strategies, behaviour techniques and medical procedures.
No previous experience is needed, but working in education, care homes or residential homes would be beneficial.
This is a full-time support position up until the end of the 2020/2021 academic school year, with a competitive salary.
- Supporting students 1:1 with numeracy, literacy & sensory integration
- Encouraging social skills and independent living through community work i.e. shopping, visiting the local farm & cooking
- Assessing pupils' levels and ability
- Behaviour management
- Comfortable or open to supporting learners with personal care
The school are looking for individuals who are:
- Keen to learn and develop their skills in education
- Adaptable, and able to work in a variety of settings
- Interested in working in different environments
- Committed and resilient
Here at Protocol Education, we strive to ensure that each and every candidate has an opportunity to find their ideal job. For a number of years, we are proud to have worked alongside fantastic institutions of learning (Primary, Secondary and SEND) to provide them with high quality teachers and support staff.
We undertake safeguarding checks on all our workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance Keeping Children Safe in Education'. As part of these checks, we require a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure for everyone working in schools. If you do not have a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service, we will require you to complete a new DBS application as part of the registration process, at a cost of £40.00.