A wonderful, one-form entry school in Filton are seeking a teaching assistant to support a Year 5 class. This is a long-term position to start in September and is likely to lead to a permanent position.
The school prides themselves on creating a homely, community feel by carefully selecting and placing materials around the school that are natural, muted and soft colours. Through high-quality teaching and pastoral care, they aim to meet the highest expectations of quality education for the children.
The role includes:
- Working within a Year 3 class to support the class teacher in raising attainment
- Supporting children on a 1:1 basis or in small groups
- General classroom support
- Delivering intervention sessions planned by the class teacher
- Communicating effectively with the class teacher, the children and other members of staff
You will need:
- To be engaging, enthusiastic and have a love of learning
- A positive approach to working with children
- Excellent team working skills
- Confidence in communicating
- A flexible approach to work
Please apply or get in contact with the Protocol Bristol office if you have any further questions.
Closing date 3d July
Start date 1st September
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role as well as the Right to Work in the UK. Please see protocol-education.com/candidates/frequently-asked-questions for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’. We also offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.