Protocol Education is looking for caring, supportive, and dedicated Support Assistants who have experience working with pupils either as part of small groups or on a one-to-one basis.
We are recruiting for Support assistants to work in Teesside, as well as surrounding areas.
If you have experience in care or as a Learning Support Assistant and have supported young adults and children with a range of needs, you may be suitable for this role.
This role will suit those who want day-to-day work as well as long term roles.
The ideal candidate will have:
- The ability to work well within a team
- Genuine interest for supporting students with SEND needs
- Patient and understanding approach
- Experience of providing personal care is essential
- Knowledge of behaviour that challenges
- Experience of working in education is an advantage but not essential
- The ability to be able to adapt to situations and remain calm in a crisis
- Providing 1:1 support
- Deliver personalised and dignified care
- Support to ensure working towards therapy targets
- Available at least 3 days per week
Due to the nature of the role, we require a DBS check and a valid safeguarding certificate. If you have a DBS on the update service, this will be an advantage but if you do not have a DBS, we can help you to access one.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role as well as the Right to Work in the UK. Please see protocol-education.com/candidates/frequently-asked-questions for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’. We also offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.