Protocol Education are currently recruiting recent Graduates/Early Career Teachers who are looking for an exciting opportunity to work as a Teaching Assistant in a school in Greater Manchester, United Kingdom (North Manchester, Bolton, Tameside, Rochdale etc).
This exciting and rewarding role allows you to support vulnerable children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND), and Social, Emotional and Mental Health Needs (SEMH). You will provide both 1:1 and small group centred support in the classroom alongside in the Learning Support unit.
This role is perfect for recent Psychology/ Sociology/ Criminology Graduates seeking a career working as the likes of a Teacher, a Child Psychologist, a Mental Health Nurse, or a Social Worker, for example.
You will work Monday-Friday between the hours of 8:30am-3:30pm (term-time only). We have long-term, full-time positions available with the potential to go on until the end of the academic year in 2024.
The key responsibilities of a Teaching Assistant:
- Supporting children with SEND on a 1:1 and small group basis.
- Building strong relationships with all children, colleagues, and parents where required.
- Developing knowledge of the needs of the children and adapting your support style where required.
- Ensuring that the pupils can integrate as fully as possible in the activities generally undertaken by the other children in the class and make progress.
- Motivating children and encouraging participation.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a love for education and learning.
- Be engaging, passionate, and empathetic.
- Be educated to degree level.
- Have excellent communication skills whilst dealing with both children, teachers and parents.
- Have the Right to Work in the UK.
We can offer you:
- FREE continued professional development training (CPD) including Team Teach
- £50 Refer a Friend Scheme*
- Ongoing honest, friendly, and professional support throughout your placements from our dedicated team of experts
If you are interested in this role and are committed to working positively to provide the best possible learning opportunities for children, Apply Today with your CV to avoid disappointment!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.