Key responsibilities of Nursery Assistant:
- Deliver rich learning opportunities and exceptional care that helps young children to develop
- Plan and provide effective care, teaching and learning that enables children to progress and prepares them for school
- Supervise mealtimes
- Safeguard and promote the health, safety and welfare of children
- Work in partnership with colleagues, parents and/or carers or other professionals to meet the individual needs of the children
- Make accurate and effective use of assessment reflecting the needs, interests and stages of development of the individual children
Nursery Assistant will need:
• Recent experience working or volunteering with children, ideally in an Early Years setting (Nursery, Pre-School, Children's Centre, Reception class)
• A passion and genuine interest in working with children and their development
• Access to a car or public transport
• Be able to use your own initiative whilst working
• Ability to be flexible to meet the needs of the setting requiring cover.
If this interests you, please apply now.
Please note: We undertake safeguarding checks on all our workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance 'Keeping Children Safe in Education'. As part of these checks, we require a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure for everyone working in schools. If you do not have a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service, we will require you to complete a new DBS application as part of the registration process, at a cost of £44.00.