Sports Coaches required in Bristol for September start
I am currently recruiting Sports Coaches and Youth Mentors on behalf of a Sports Association n Bristol. We are seeking several members of staff with broad knowledge and experience of working as a sports coach in a school environment or sports club environment.
The ideal candidate will be looking to gain more experience with working with children in an educational environment. The client is looking for someone who has previous experience working with young people and would like to develop their career in this field.
Additionally, my client is looking for someone who has youth mentoring experience and has worked with children with either learning difficulties, behavioural needs and vulnerability needs.
The role would require you to work with 1-2 children. In the morning you would pick the children up from their houses, so you must be a car driver. You would then work on basic skills, mentor the children and complete Numeracy and Literacy work with the children. Sports Coaching will then be delivered in the afternoon. At the end of the day, the children then need to be driven back to their homes.
Candidates must be:
• Passionate about sports and providing support for children.
• Educated and determined to make an instant impression.
• Flexible & Adaptable.
• Comfortable dealing with different classroom dynamics.
• Nurturing, patient, caring and able to build rapport with pupils
• Able to persevere
• A car driver
Specific responsibilities include:
• Planning your own activities and making lessons engaging for students.
• Preparing the learning environment and resources.
• Managing student behaviour to ensure a constructive working environment.
• Responding to students about the work that has been set.
• Leaving the room/area in order at the end of the lesson/day.
• Supervising entry and departure of students in accordance with school policy.
• Recording and reporting attendance at lessons in accordance with school policy.
• Reporting back as appropriate using the schools’ agreed referral procedures on the behaviour of the pupils under supervision.
• Dealing with any immediate problems or emergencies according to the schools’ policies and procedures.
• Following policies and procedures especially those relating to child protection and health and safety.
• Respecting confidential issues linked to home/students/teacher/school work and to keep confidences as appropriate.
Register with Protocol Education to apply for this role and connect with other schools, academies and Alternative Provisions recruiting near you
Protocol Education offers all Teachers and teaching staff:
• Excellent rates of pay
• Professional support from our team of experienced consultants
• A wide variety of positions, both day to day and long-term
• Continued support through placements
• 24 Hr Emergency contact numbers
• Weekly Pay
• The opportunity to work in a variety of settings
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates registering with Protocol must have undertaken (or be willing to undertake) an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure & Barring Service.
We look forward to your response. Please contact Joelle Beaumont on 0117 945 3965/ JBeaumont@protocol-education.com
Please note: We undertake safeguarding checks on all our workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance 'Keeping Children Safe in Education'. As part of these checks, we require a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure for everyone working in schools. If you do not have a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service, we will require you to complete a new DBS application as part of the registration process, at a cost of £44.00.