Speech and Language Teaching Assistant required
Do you want to support children and young people with special educational needs and have a particular interest in Speech and Language?
Do you want to further your career in SEN, whilst making a positive impact on a student's life?
SEN TA who has experience working with primary and secondary aged students with speech, language and communication needs to support with 1-1 or a group. To start asap Monday to Friday 8.00am to 15.30pm in the Teesside area.
Speech and Language Teaching Assistant requirements
- Passion for working with students who require additional support in order to access social and educational development to aid in their development
- Previous experience supporting children with speech and language communication needs or other special educational needs, including ASC and SEMH
- A positive and caring person who is always striving to meet children's learning needs.
- Trained in makaton and team teach trained would be an advantage
What you can expect as a speeach and language teaching assistant
- Your role as a Speech and Language Teaching Assistant will be to deliver speech and language programmes set by the SALT team
- For aspiring SALTs, Teachers, Pastoral Workers, Child Psychologists, Educational Psychologists, Clinical Psychologists, Occupational Therapists, Counsellors, and Social Workers, this position will offer relevant and vital experience for your chosen career path
- Continued Professional Development - SEND schools and provisions are continually training their staff to help them support their children's needs, you will become an expert in your field
- You will have an opportunity to make a huge social impact, as a Speech and Language Teaching Assistant you will change the path of a child's life.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role as well as the Right to Work in the UK. Please see protocol-education.com/candidates/frequently-asked-questions for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’. We also offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.