SPEECH AND LANGUAGE SUPPORT ASSISTANT
I am currently looking for experienced Speech & Language Support Assistants to work in Additional Resourced Provision's and with individual children for full time roles within schools in Waltham Forest. You must have the required skills and qualifications to work and support children with Autism/Global Delay and other children within the main school. A degree in Speech, Language and Communication, would be advantageous.
Good communication skills and empathy with children and their families are essential. Experience of working with children on the Autistic Spectrum and Global delay is essential.
You must possess:
- Good Numeracy/Literacy skills
- Degree in Speech, Language and Communication or relevant qualification
- Working with children of relevant age
- Awareness of classroom/playground Health & Safety
- Awareness of the need for confidentiality
- Understanding of relevant policies/codes of practice and awareness of relevant legislation
- Understanding of child development and learning
- Ability to self-evaluate learning needs and actively seek learning opportunities
- Ability to relate well to children and adults
- Work constructively as part of a team, understanding classroom roles and responsibilities and your own position within these
In return Protocol Education can offer;
- Local job opportunities with a dedicated consultant
- Access to professionally accredited training and courses including Cache Endorsed Learning Programmes (ELPs)
- In-branch workshops and seminars delivering skills and knowledge TAs need to be effective in the classroom and beyond
- Competitive Pay rates
- The peace of mind of working with a reputable and established company
Please apply now or contact our office on 0203 219 7710 for more information.
Please note: We undertake safeguarding checks on all our workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance 'Keeping Children Safe in Education'. As part of these checks, we require a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure for everyone working in schools. If you do not have a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service, we will require you to complete a new DBS application as part of the registration process, at a cost of £44.00.