Protocol Education are recruiting Special Needs Teaching Assistants to work in Barking & Dagenham primary schools with pupils with challenging behaviour.
Previous experience in this role would be ideal, but is not essential. Passionate candidates with childcare experience outside of a school environment, who have the right attitude and transferable skills, are welcome to apply too.
Have you been a Sports coach, Youth Worker, Mentor, Social Worker, Workshop Facilitator or are you a graduate in a relevant subject e.g. Child Studies/Psychology/Social Care? If you think you have relevant experience and are suitable for this position, we want to hear from you.
You will be working with often disadvantaged pupils, with varied socials issues or special needs statements. You may work on a one to one basis or with more than one child, assisting them in and out of the classroom. You will work closely with other school staff in supporting the child you are working with, often tracking and reviewing the child’s progress. You will assist with school work in various subjects, and will often need to find ways to keep that pupil engaged in lessons. You will need to build a relationship and gain trust from the pupil in order for you to help them improve and raise their attainment in school.
Suitable applicants will;
- Have knowledge of and an interest in autism and other behavioural difficulties
- Have experience of working with children with special needs
- Be physically and emotionally resilient
- Be committed to work full time, term time, for a full academic year
- Have excellent communication and problem-solving skills and the ability to stay calm and focused
* Competitive pay
* Access to a range of training courses
* A dedicated consultant
* Local schools with potential for flexible part time, long term or permanent appointments
Please note: We undertake safeguarding checks on all our workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance 'Keeping Children Safe in Education'. As part of these checks, we require a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure for everyone working in schools. If you do not have a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service, we will require you to complete a new DBS application as part of the registration process, at a cost of £44.00.