An ‘Outstanding’ special needs school in barnet are looking for a teacher to provide a high quality and inclusive education for a new student through inspiring and imaginative planning and preparation.
The school cater to children with a wide range of learning difficulties. We are looking for someone who would be confident, creative, and comfortable and can demonstrate that the National Curriculum can be modified to meet the needs of students with severe and complex learning disabilities. The are all on the autistic spectrum, some of the students do present some challenging behaviours.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Actively support the wellbeing of this student
- To ensure a high-quality education
- To plan effectively for a highly individualised and multi-sensory curriculum to ensure that the student can reach their potential
- To lead and manage a class team
- To ensure the appropriate deployment of the Learning Support Assistants and the use of resources
- To work with the Headteacher and other staff to develop a bespoke secondary curriculum
- To be able to communicate with children and young people with a wide range of complex conditions/disabilities together with a range of physical difficulties
- To participate in continuing professional development, attending INSET courses as appropriate and communicating outcomes to colleagues
Apply now with an up-to-date CV and all successful candidates will be contacted to progress their application. If you would like to discuss this role or other potential roles call Uche Ibemere 02032197740
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role as well as the Right to Work in the UK. Please see protocol-education.com/candidates/frequently-asked-questions for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’. We also offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.