Protocol Education are working with a secondary school in Tower Hamlets who are seeking to appoint on Sociology Teacher to join their school in September 2022.
The successful candidate will be teaching students across Key Stage 3 to 4, with the possibility of supporting Key Stage 5.
Knowledge of teaching any other Humanities subject such as Religious Education, History and Geography would be advantageous, however applications will be accepted if you only have interest in Sociology.
The Humanities department is filled with supportive and like-minded practitioners.
In 2018 this school was judged as Outstanding in their Ofsted report and is embedded with a strong culture of traditional values.
Located in the heart of Tower Hamlets this secondary school is surrounded by excellent publicx trnapsortation and neary parking for those who drive.
Sociology Teacher Requirements:
- Excellent communication skills
- Interest in curriculum development
- Committed to providing students with challenging and fun learning experiences
- A passion for education and making a difference
- Flexibility to contribute to the wider success of the school
Sociology Teacher Responsibilities:
- Teach Sociology to students in KS3- KS5
- Use a variety of instructional strategies, including the effective use of technologies, to increase student learning and confidence
- Provide up-to-date records of assessment, attendance, planning, reports, and communication with parents/guardians on school system
- Strong organisational and class management skills that promote student centred learning and positive discipline
What the school can offer:
- Excellent resources and modern facilities
- An OFSTED rated ‘Good’ school
- Fantastic workspaces and resources
- Professional development opportunities (internal and external)
- Professional development
- Onsite parking
If this role as a Sociology Teacher interests you, please apply immediately to be considered.
Application Closes: Monday, July 25th 2022
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role as well as the Right to Work in the UK. Please see protocol-education.com/candidates/frequently-asked-questions for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’. We also offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.