Are you a flexible and resilient individual looking for a new challenge this year? Do you have a passion for working as a SEN teaching assistant?
If yes is the answer, then you may be the perfect candidate for this role. We have exciting opportunities due to growth of this school for motivated and highly supportive SEN Learning Support Assistants. You could join a supportive and growing team in a specialised SEN school to progress in your career within SEN Education.
Protocol Eduation are looking for TAs to work on a full time, long term basis starting as soon as possible in a local school in Lewisham. This role would be in term time between Monday and Friday.
- Supporting the Class Teacher within well-resourced and extremely creative lessons.
- Constant assessment of the individual needs of pupils to ensure they are progressing.
- Evaluating and reporting pupils' progress to teachers, carers and health care professionals by following their EHCP's.
- Managing challenging behaviour in a positive way including de-escalation techniques.
- You will be working both 1:1 and within small groups so team fit and excellent communication is key!
The successful candidate will have some experience with in:
- Autism Spectrum Condition - ASC
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder - ADHD
- Severe Learning Difficulties - SLD
- Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties - PMLD
- Social, Emotional and Mental Health - SEMH
- Experience of de-escalation techniques, Picture Exchange Communication (PECS) and Makaton would be advantageous.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role as well as the Right to Work in the UK. Please see protocol-education.com/candidates/frequently-asked-questions for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’. We also offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.