My Sheffield based clients are looking for a teaching assistant to join them on a full-time basis from September. Ideally, you will have experience working with SEND, either in a personal or professional setting although this could be a great position for a graduates who have studied Education, Childcare, Psychology, Sports, or even Performing Arts.
The Ofsted rated “Good” School caters for just over 200 children who have severe and complex learning difficulties between the ages of 11 – 19. They work hard to deliver an inclusive, personalized curriculum and use a higher staff pupil ratio to ensure each child is getting the best out of their education to go on and succeed post education.
Your day-to-day activities will include, supporting the classroom teacher by helping to adapt and deliver lessons to children on either a 1:1 or small group basis. You will assist with any issues that may arise and work hard within the team to guarantee each child is getting the correct care and access to education possible.
As an individual, you will be confident, friendly, and approachable with a strong passion to work with children. You must show willing to attend a Moving and Handling course to be successful for this role.
In return we can offer you:
- A dedicated consultant who understands the importance of finding the right role for you, allowing you to get the best out of your employment.
- Access to over 50 CPD Courses of Diploma and Certificate Level, used to help further your understanding and progress further within your career.
- Flexibility – Whether you are wanting full time or part time work, Protocol can work around you. We can offer daily, short term, long term or even permanent work.
- Competitive Rates
- Refer a friend scheme: £250 to any candidate who refers an individual who then works over 20 hours for Protocol.
- The opportunity to work with an agency who have gained recognition within our industry through awards and accreditations.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role as well as the Right to Work in the UK. Please see protocol-education.com/candidates/frequently-asked-questions for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’. We also offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.