Senior Science Technician
ASAP & SEPT 22
The Role :
- Act as a Professional Review Manager for the team of technicians. Supervise, coordinate & organise daily and weekly science technician tasks. Take responsibility for the overall Health and Safety of the technicians.
- Lead the technician team, the professional development & identify / support the professional development of all science technicians
- Carry out the duties of a Science Technician( taking responsibility for at least one A Level Science subject and be able to carry out the duties of a Science Technician for all three sciences up to and including GCSE)
- Carry out administrative tasks and provide clerical support under the direction of the Head of Faculty. Maintain a stock control system for the prep room and lab equipment, including annual inventory checks & ensure that regular checks of equipment and chemicals
- Work closely with the school’s Radiation Protection Officer and the Radiation Protection Advisor to ensure the safe storage and use of radioactive materials & work with the Head of Faculty to ensure risk assessments for practical activities are up to date.
- Act as supervisor for Year 12 Science Ambassadors carrying out their community work placements in the prep room, record their attendance and write a brief reference at the end of the year.
The Science Faculty is well resourced and staffed with 14 specialist science teachers and 4 technicians.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role as well as the Right to Work in the UK. Please see protocol-education.com/candidates/frequently-asked-questions for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’. We also offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.