SEND Teaching Assistant (TA)
Hours: 09:00 – 16:00, Monday to Friday.
Protocol Education are currently working with a great school in Watford who is looking for a Teaching Assistant (TA) to progress their career and to support a variety of pupils in Primary Secondary and post 16 educations with challenging needs.
A successful applicant will be working 1:1 with in small classes of around 10 students. You will have support from the others TA’s and the class teacher.
- Patient, inspiring caring and sensitive towards to needs of vulnerable people
- Ability to work well in a team as well as using their own initiative to time manage work related tasks.
- Ability to adapt to each individual pupil’s needs and ability.
- Behaviour management
- Ensuring safeguarding and that the school’s ethos and policies are implemented.
- Desired but not essential: Previous experience working with ASC (Autism Spectrum Condition) and MLD (Moderate learning difficulties).
What the employer offers you:
- Full training and continuous development
- 25 days annual leave
- 24-Hour employee assistance programme
- Online staff discount scheme for a range of benefits (cycle to work scheme, season ticket loan)
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role as well as the Right to Work in the UK. Please see protocol-education.com/candidates/frequently-asked-questions for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’. We also offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.