We are seeking a creative and dedicated SEND Teaching Assistant to work within a lovely school in Hastings. The successful candidate will play a vital role in supporting students with Special Educational Needs (SEN) to access the curriculum and make progress in their learning.
- Working closely with the class teacher to support students with SEN, including those with autism, ADHD, dyslexia, and other learning difficulties.
- Providing one-to-one and small group support to students to help them meet their individual targets and make progress in their learning.
- Developing and implementing individual education plans (IEPs) for students with SEN.
- Creating and adapting resources to support the learning needs of students with SEN.
- Liaising with parents, carers, and external agencies to ensure that students receive the support they need.
- Supporting students with their emotional and behavioural needs, promoting positive behaviour and managing challenging behaviour.
- Promoting inclusion and celebrating diversity within the school community.
- A creative and enthusiastic approach to supporting students with SEN.
- Ideally, a qualification in SEN or related field.
- Experience working with students with SEN in a school or similar setting.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build positive relationships with students, parents, carers, and colleagues.
- A flexible and adaptable approach to working with a diverse range of students with varying needs.
- A commitment to promoting inclusion and celebrating diversity within the school community.
We offer a supportive and welcoming environment, with opportunities for development and training.
If you are passionate about supporting students with SEN and have the skills and experience we are looking for, we would love to hear from you.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.