Im currently seeking a teacher for an independent day school for children and young people aged 5-19 years with profound autistic spectrum disorders (ASDs) and associated challenging behaviours. The school is set in beautiful surroundings where we provide the highest quality of education and therapy and allow children to achieve their full potential in a relaxed and caring environment.
Start date: May 2016
Salary: On application
Contract Type: Temporary, full time.
Im looking to appoint an enthusiastic class teacher with experience and an understanding of working with children with profound autism and associated challenging behaviours. The successful candidate will join a hardworking and committed staff team and contribute towards the overall development of the school.
The successful candidate will be responsible for teaching a class of 4 to 6 pupils supported by a team of up to 4 Special Needs Assistants. The role is varied and includes working with pupils during out of School activities and community visits during the School day.
A commitment to thier pupils and their complex needs is essential, as is the ability to work as part of a team. You must be in good health as these are energetic, challenging posts.
In order to register with Protocol Education for this role, it is essential that you fulfil the following requirements:
• You have experience working with children, Ideally with ASD's
• You can provide 2 references within the last 2 years, at least one must be from where you worked with children.
• You hold the right to work in the UK.
• You have a DBS or are willing to complete one.
If you have a love for working with young students and truly desire to make a difference to their learning experience, then this role is perfect for you.
Please send us your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Alan on 01483207510
1) Protocol Education is the leading Educational Recruiter in London and holder of the 2013 ‘Recruiter Award for Excellence'
2) Protocol Education pays to very competitive rates for both daily and long term work.
3) Protocol Education regularly holds quarterly candidate events such as the renowned ‘River Thames Boat Party’, Candidate Drinks nights, Travel Evenings, Walking Tours, plus regular giveaways and competitions.
4) Protocol Education will assign you your own ‘local borough’ consultant. This consultant will ensure you are provided a personable, honest and transparent service, each of whom will be able to provide local borough/school knowledge for each for your assignments. Their search will be tailor made to your requirements.
5) Protocol Education holds their standards in very high regard and here are some of the requirements we expect from our candidates.
Please note: We undertake safeguarding checks on all our workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance 'Keeping Children Safe in Education'. As part of these checks, we require a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure for everyone working in schools. If you do not have a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service, we will require you to complete a new DBS application as part of the registration process, at a cost of £44.00.