This role involves caring for young people with a range of PMLD including severe Autism, Physical Disabilities, Hearing and Visual Impairment and challenging behaviour . You will play an essential role in assisting with aspects of their education including personal care, feeding and engagement activities. A huge part of this role is about building positive, trusting relationships so all young people feel confident and secure in their home.
You will join and work closely with a fantastic and professional team who are experts in providing tailored and specific support for each young person.
• Experience working with SEND
• Good communication, both written and verbal
• Committed, calm and positive attitude
• Willingness to undertake further professional training
• Experience in a residential or special school setting that would be beneficial but not essential.
• Experience working with people with complex physical and sensory disabilities
• A good understanding of the needs of children and young people with disabilities
• Level 2 or above in British Sign Language (BSL)
• Experience of supporting people with intimate personal care tasks
- NVQ 2 health and social care or care certificate
• Current DBS on Update Service
There are several roles due to an increased intake of students. Both full and part time positions available.
If you are interested in this role or would like to find out more, please contact Steph on 01642 205952
Please note: We undertake safeguarding checks on all our workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance Keeping Children Safe in Education'. As part of these checks, we require a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure for everyone working in schools. If you do not have a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service, we will require you to complete a new DBS application as part of the registration process, at a cost of £40.00.