ARE YOU EARLY YEARS OR PRIMARY TEACHER, WITH AN INTEREST OF WORKING WITH SPECIAL NEEDS PUPILS??
We have an opportunity too good to miss.!
Primary Teacher with experience of assessments wanted in Croydon School - competitive daily rates.
To work with pupils with Hearing Impairments or who are Deaf
Fully supported by the school and BSL trained Teaching Asians.
Incredible opportunity within an 'Outstanding' SEN School in Croydon!
This 'outstanding' school is situated in well resourced & pleasant school in Croydon, with easy access via road, rail and tram to London and the South East.
The school are looking for a exceptional Teacher to support pupils who are deaf, on a long term basis for maternity cover. The school will fully train teachers who require it. The school provides a high quality educational experience for pupils with who are deaf including those who have multiple learning difficulties. They are recognised as a specialist Centre for nursery to primary children aged between 2 and 11 in the Borough.
• You will be teaching deaf students using 'small steps teaching'
• You will be supporting a class of 6-8 pupils
• You will be in class with 2-3 additional Teaching Assistants fully trained in British Sign Language
• You will be tracking and accessing pupil progress throughout the position
• You will be assisting in filing, photocopying and display work for your class teacher
Am I right for this position? Do you fit the criteria below?
• Es/Primary Teacher, with SEN experience OR
• Secondary Teacher with Primary Experience.
• Experience of Assessment
• Understanding and experience or awareness of small steps teaching , delayed language
• Available to work 4 days a week. (may negotiate 5 days for the right person)
• Available to start work after May Half Term.
• BSL Level 2 or above
• Experience supporting children using BSL
• Experience working with Deaf or HI children
• Experience using PECS, Makaton, TEACCH is desirable
The candidate will benefit from the support of a dedicated consultant, and will be team teach trained or similar and the right candidate will be fully trained by school if required!
For more information on this position please contact Natalie Wright on 0208 971 1294 or email firstname.lastname@example.org IMMEDIATELY!
About Protocol Education
Protocol Education is a specialist provider of recruitment services to the education sector, supplying Teachers, Classroom and Special Support Assistants, Instructors, One-to-One Tutors, Cover Supervisors and Nursery Nurses and other Support staff to Primary, Secondary, Special Needs schools, Pupil Referral Units and Nurseries across the UK.
Please note: We undertake safeguarding checks on all our workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance 'Keeping Children Safe in Education'. As part of these checks, we require a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure for everyone working in schools. If you do not have a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service, we will require you to complete a new DBS application as part of the registration process, at a cost of £44.00.