I am recruiting on behalf of a specialist school that supports for children with an ASD and Additional Needs, They are looking for a Primary Teacher to teach English, Maths and a variety of other subjects to children aged 7 - 16.
This is a welcoming, warm and nurturing school that supports up to 45 children in Key Stages 2, 3 and 4, in small classes where learning and the curriculum is needs-based, not dictated by age. The classroom you would be working in supports 4 - 6 children.
The Schools aims to help children re-engage positively with education including those who have been out of education for a significant period of time or who have had negative experiences in other school placements. The specially-designed environment has been created to best meet children's sensory needs and create the best setting for them to learn and achieve their potential.
What can the School offer?
- A specially designed learning environment created to meet sensory needs.
- A low arousal and nurturing safe place where children can learn and grow.
- Small class sizes of no more than six.
- Each class is supported by one teacher and a teaching assistant.
- Classrooms will be enabling environments' with sensory lighting, muted colours, individual workstations and visual timetables.
- The school offers children opportunities to learn outside the classroom, through forest schools and accessing their local community. The school helps children prepare for life outside school and adulthood. There is a focus on further education, training and careers.
The school is supported by a clinical team, including SALT and OT embedded within the school day.
If you have previously taught in a SEN School or are a Primary Teacher who is looking for a new chapter in their teaching career then please apply using the link below.
Please Note: You must have a DBS that is on the update service or you have to be willing to apply for one through us at a cost of £40 in order to get to the enxt stages of the application.