Setting: Mainstream Primary School
Pay rate: £77 - £85 per day
Working hours: 8:30am - 4:00pm (Term time only)
Protocol Education are working with a fantastic mainstream Primary School in Rotherham, who are seeking an SEN Learning Support Assistant to provide 1-1 support to children with complex needs. This position is due to start immediately with permanent opportunities for the right candidate. This is a great opportunity for an SEN Learning Support Assistant to work within a team of motivated individuals and receive support and training from an excellent leadership team to develop their career in education.
Duties and responsibilities
• To work on a 1-1 basis with Reception, Year 1 or Year 2 Classes, providing additional support wherever necessary.
• Providing input to develop and construct effective EHCP and Support Plans for the pupil.
• Working collaboratively with the Class Teachers, SENCOs, Educational Psychologists, Speech and Language Therapists.
• To adapt your approach with each child depending on their individual needs.
• Prepare resources required for learning activities and assist pupils in their use.
• To keep the child focused on work with an engaging and motivating personality.
Benefits of working with Protocol Education
• A dedicated consultant on hand for support.
• Competitive daily rates of pay.
• Vast professional development opportunities to prepare you for your role.
If you are an SEN Learning Support Assistant looking for a new opportunity within a reputable mainstream school, we would love to hear from you!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.