Are you passionate about the learning and development of students with Special Education Needs and Disabilities? Are you a Teaching Assistant looking for a new challenge?
Protocol Education is pleased to be recruiting for a special educational needs teaching assistant, at an all through specialist school in Kingston. The school caters for the needs of pupils with a wide range of Physical Disabilities including those with Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties, Moderate Learning Difficulties and Complex Health need, their class sizes are a high adult to child ratio to each class to support the different needs of the children. The school is looking for a learning support assistant aiming to provide a happy, stimulating and safe learning environment where pupils are positively encouraged to engage in their learning. This school has been graded Outstanding in each of their last 3 Ofsted reviews.
The role requires a confident LSA, one with experience working in SEND would be preferred, however it is not essential. The school requires staff to empower pupils to overcome their physical challenges and take an active role in managing their physical and complex needs. As an LSA your responsibility will be to facilitate the growth of independence and the achievement of every pupil's potential and the development of a positive attitude to life.
• Interested in starting a fulfilling career working with SEND pupils and have relevant experience or a willingness to learn?
• Experienced in the SEND sector and passionate about the learning and development of SEND pupils?
• An experienced mainstream learning support assistant looking to specialise in this rewarding and wide-ranging sector?
• Confident in assisting pupils with a range of different needs and abilities?
• Capable of dealing with challenging behaviour, promoting focus within a classroom environment and giving on-going 1:1 support where needed?
• Start Date, September 2019.
• Full time, Monday - Friday.
• Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames
• Salary £65 - 85 per day.
• Working across multiple year groups in small groups or on a 1:1 basis, supporting inside and outside the classroom.
As a Protocol Education SEND learning support assistant, you will become an integral part of a pupil's social, academic and personal development and we will offer you:
• Excellent rates of pay.
• Flexible work - you tell us when, we'll tell you where!
• A range of exciting opportunities including both short and long-term placements.
• A great working relationship: you will be supported through all placements with us and we will work hard to find you the right school and opportunity.
• Team Teach training within the first12 weeks of registering with u
If you are interested in applying to this role, please register directly at : www.protocol-education.com