Are you committed in providing support to pupils with SEN? Do you want to make a difference in pupil’s lives?
We are currently working with a number of special schools around the Kirklees area that are looking for experienced SEN learning support assistants. These roles are on a temporary contract that could potentially become permanent roles depending on how well you excel yourself. Working within a special school setting requires hard work, resilience, commitment and positivity to encourage pupils with SEN to progress in their educational development. You will be required to undertake a trial day and also have a DBS that is on the up date service.
For this SEN Learning support assistant role you will:
• Have at least 6 months experience working in a special school or similar setting.
• Have the ability to confidently support a wide range of pupils with SEN.
• Adapt activities to ensure they reflect pupil’s individual needs.
• Record and report any developments or issues that arise to the teacher or SENCO.
• Liaise with the teacher or SENCO with how the pupil or pupils you supporting are progressing.
• Have the ability to use own initiative when situations occur.
• Have a calm and professional demeanour.
If you are interested in applying for this SEN Learning support assistant role, email your C.V to email@example.com or for more information call Tracey on 01132468220.
Please note: We undertake safeguarding checks on all our workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance 'Keeping Children Safe in Education'. As part of these checks, we require a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure for everyone working in schools. If you do not have a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service, we will require you to complete a new DBS application as part of the registration process, at a cost of £44.00.